Snacks can either be granola bars, but the less sugary and carb-stuffed version are sliced vegetables. Most taste a bit bland, but with the right dip they make a superb spicy snack.
Hummus dip for Vegetables
For the hummus:
- 1oz chickpeas
- ½ medium red onion
- 2 tsp tahini (sesame paste)
- chili flakes
- 3 tbsp oil
- Pour the chickpeas through a sieve, then put the peas into your blender.
- Add the oil and tahini.
- Peel and chop the onion and put it into the blender as well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and chili flakes (or add a bit of curry.)
- Blend until smooth.
What to dip?
- bell peppers (red, orange, yellow)